Sunday, November 9, 2008

Questions.

Remember what it was like when you were nearing the end of your senior year in high school and when people (mostly adults) found out you were about to graduate would ask you the age old question, "What are you going to do with your life?" Half the time you never had it figured out. Or you knew what school/work/military you were going to but beyond that was not set in stone. It was that dreaded question and answer time that seemed like it was never going to end.

Well, it still hasn't. I don't think it will until you're finally out of college and then the question just becomes, "What DO you do with your life?" By then you should have things figured out. I still hate answering the what-are-you-planning-to-do. There is no short answer for me. School counseling. That's my ultimate goal. Don't ask me how I'm getting there. I have options, I haven't decided yet.

And the other question I've started to hate lately..."When are you getting married?" I have no clue. I suppose after a ring appears on my finger. I hate having to explain why it won't be any time soon. I guess after marriage comes, "When will you start having kids?"

When do these questions officially end?

No comments: